Personal Training Success Story – John Bennett
When somebody tells you that they didn’t think they would live this long, you begin to understand their mindset and what hard living can be. It doesn’t surprise you that the activities in which they like to engage, include motorcycles and boats. And when you hear that they have had 5 spinal surgeries…five…and continue to do all these activities, who they are makes more sense to you.
Is this some mythical creature that hangs out with Santa and the Tooth Fairy riding a unicorn? Nope, it’s “just” John Bennett… and he is the member of the month and the latest personal training success story.
I hear question marks popping up in your head. Are you advocating running yourself into the ground? Nope. I have always said that our greatest strength is our greater power and John exemplifies that to a tee. John has the drive to push through just about anything! This drive, I can assume, is what he used to “retire” at an early age. This same drive also crushed his body.
Most guys in his position would do one of two things, quit or be stubborn and keep living hard and eventually kill themselves. But John has another great quality, he is open and curious. I know I just listed two, but they go together. These two qualities have allowed him to be open enough to join SolCore Fitness and trust us with his health and fitness. Because of this trust and his incredible drive, John has made amazing gains in our program.
- What made you decide you wanted/needed to start a program? Pain! My back, legs, neck, hips…, everywhere!
- What did you do before? I have been active my whole life and been using a gym since my mid twenties. Recently, before joining this program I was at El Gancho 3 X a week doing weights and the Stairmaster. I had surgery on my neck and low back for herniations and follow up surgery for the scar tissue. I also did some PT after the surgeries.
- What results have you achieved since starting your program that you are proud of? My overall conditioning is the best it has ever been. My flexibility has improved dramatically. I am finally able to touch my toes while bending over. My respiration (breathing) is much better.
- Do you have a favorite exercise? Least? What do you like or don’t like about them? Wall Squats are my favorite (of course) squats all the big muscle exercises. Actually I enjoy them all! Because of this program I can now get out of the chair without out pain or holding on to something.
- What are some challenges or goals you are currently working on? The Ab roll ups are a challenge for me.
- What do you like best about our program / having a trainer? The leadership and knowledge that is provided.
- What advice would you give to the other SolCore Fitness members? Do your homework!
- What would you say to someone on the fence about joining our program? Do it! It will definitely help you like it has helped me.
There you have it for the unicorn riding man himself…do your homework! 🙂
Get more information @