Personal Training Success Story Santa Fe – Brian
Yipe! That is the sound Brian makes at the end of a class right before the wall stretch happens (L5/S1 ELDOA). This epitomizes what Brian is about. He is the ultimate dichotomy, a structured gypsy. He embraces both his mountaineering free spirit and team athlete mentality of making sure he puts in the work.
Brian graced Santa Fe with his presence about 4 years ago after growing up in Colorado, being a mountaineer for 20 some years, and working as contractor in Seattle. He has already lived a full life and wants to continue to do so, so when his back pain started up he started looking for answers.
You see after years of climbing up mountains and working with his hands Brian developed a lot of back pain to the point where he was in a lot of pain. You wouldn’t know it from his super positive, engaging, and happy demeanor but there were times when he would be down for the count for 4-6 weeks with back pain.
He fortuitously came to us when we needed some men for an ELDOA class that we were doing a photo shoot for. He was friends with the photographer and heard it was a class for back pain and was down to try anything that would fix it.
During that first class he was in shock (like everybody) about how challenging these simple looking postures were. But after the class he (like everybody) felt fantastic. He felt that he had finally found what he had been looking for and joined our class.
It has been over two years that Brian has been with us and his results have been remarkable. I’ll let him tell you in his own words, but because of that free spirit, joy and the hard work he puts in, Brian is our January Member of the Month.
1) What made you decide you wanted/needed to start a program?
My back pain was so bad that I was being knocked out of my life for 4-6 week blocks. I couldn’t do anything. This started infrequently, but was getting more frequent.
2) What did you do before?
Well, at the start I just pushed through it because it wasn’t that bad, but as time went on, it was becoming unbearable. I tried everything. I went to Yoga classes, worked out, and did those 10-pack Rolfing sessions they recommend.
3) What results have you achieved since starting your program that you are proud of? My back pain is pretty much nonexistent. I feel so much more aware in my body and I feel much stronger.
4) Do you have a favorite exercise? Least? What do you like or don’t like about them? The Frogs are really challenging, but I know that they are good for me. The wall stretch is great. I feel really good right after I do it.
5) What are some challenges or goals you are currently working on?
I would like to continue to get stronger and have more freedom in my body.
6) What do you like best about our program/ having a trainer? I love the personal attention and the fact that this program really works!
7) What advice would you give to the other SolCore Fitness members?
Just keep coming and do what you can each day.
8) What would you say to someone on the fence about joining our program?
If you put in the work this program works.
Find out more @
Leave a Reply