Personal Training Success- Julia Gelbart
When I do these interviews, I am usually trying to dig a little deeper to find out more about the member of the month. I want to find out what makes them tick to be so successful. I generally know this person through being around them all the time, but I always find out more through sitting down with them and talking. This month’s member of the month is much more simple than that. And in her simplicity you discover an admiration as to who she is.
Julia Gelbart is not very complicated in her desire to improve herself. To her, it is just common sense. As she grows older, she doesn’t want her body to fail her so she does something about it. And of course she wants to commit to herself and work hard, because anything worth getting involves work.
It is this absoluteness about why she is doing what she is doing and an incredible positive attitude that have made Julia Gelbart our personal training success May Member of the Month.
1) What made you decide you wanted/needed to start a program?
I was swimming with a friend of mine Vikkie, who was in your program and she raved to me that I had to do it. I am not in this to being tall and beautiful, I knew that I needed to wake up my muscles and strengthen my body especially in the upper body.
2) What did you do before?
I do a once a week yoga class, I walk and I swim.
3) What results have you achieved since starting your program that you are proud of?
I wanted a preventive program to help me age gracefully and improve my strength and balance. I have a great story to demonstrate the different benefits I have achieved.
It was the end of the day out at a house that I was getting ready to show and was walking up these long flights of stairs. Well on one of the times I was walking up them, my foot caught in my dress and started to fall face first toward the stairs. Well I was able to quickly react and put my hands out in front of me and slow myself down and then push myself back up! I avoided really getting hurt.
So first off, I wasn’t tired at all. Just normally in a regular day, I would be a little tired like most people. But I wasn’t even winded from walking up and down those long flights of stairs! And of course I was able to react fast enough and then have the strength to push myself back up! I had noticed a lot of great improvements over the year or so, like better posture and better movement, but after that incident I knew and felt what great progress I had made.
4) Do you have a favorite exercise? Least? What do you like or don’t like about them.
Frogs! Even though I know they are good for me, they are so difficult.
5) What are some challenges or goals you are currently working on?
I will always be working on gaining and keeping my strength.
6) What do you like best about our program/ having a trainer?
1) Being in the group environment is really inspiring. When I first started I wanted to quit, but I didn’t because I am competitive and because nobody else in the group was quitting.
2) The corrections that we are given in class are great. They help me make sure that I am doing the exercises correctly.
3) The accountability. You guys notice when people are not in class and you track them down!
7) What advice would you give to the other SolCore Fitness members?
8) What would you say to someone on the fence about joining our program?
If you are looking for a program that will empower you, as you grow older by keeping your body strong and balanced, this is it. If you truly want to commit to yourself and your health and fitness, this program works!
Get more information @